Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nothing To Write About, but Buckwheat Made Me Write About Anything Anyway.

Wednesday was not a day to write about. I know you can say each day has something to write about, but what I mean about writing about is something you can get your teeth into. Yesterday would cause considerable strain to make something out of nothing.
First off, I’m writing about Wednesday on Thursday because our Wi-Fi at Hale Ola is as temperamental as someone else’s wife. Wednesday she decided to be ornery for no just cause.
So, today I’m writing at “Island Lava Java” on the seaside road of Ali’i, this coffee spot was my son-in-law Zhenya’s favorite local haunt while he and my baby Heather did their DTS here, they have free Wi-Fi, super cool writing, thinking, meditating music, great coffee and huge, mammoth muffins, and the Lord knows I’m a coffee and muffin man who likes to think about cool things. Wednesday I got a Samoan tattoo.
It’s 4:36 P.M. and we are looking seaward, and Northward up Ali’i, the place is crawling with cars, going both ways, I’m not sure who they are, or why they are on the street, but for really cool thinking you need fewer cars.
A Tattooed waitress is picking up trash around the tables around us, this helps the setting a little, but not enough to offset the traffic.
I like certain tourist around my setting, but not others, I know this is racial profiling, but there are people who look like they’re from places I wish they weren’t from.
Vog makes me cough.
I’ve been vogging for four weeks now.
I didn’t want to write because I’ve got nothing to talk about yesterday or today, but Carol insisted.
She’s reading to my left, her back is in a corner and two whales just breached in front of us but she didn’t notice because she’s reading a romance novella.
Last Wednesday a Cruise Liner was in Kailua Bay, which happens every Wednesday, but this particular Wednesday was a Gay Cruise Ship. Please don’t ask me how I knew this was a Gay Cruise Ship.
Last night ten of us old people from Mission Builders went to Oceans, a half off the menu pricing for all items. The place is always filled with missionary, cheap people.
But Oceans pulled a Tsunami on us, when we go there we noticed they’d changed the sign to read “1/2 off all items on the menu for Hawaii residents only.” This caused quite a stir, some YWAMers left, the really poor ones, the DTS ones, but the rest of us stayed. Buck and I took just enough money for ½ off, so when it wasn’t ½ off we had no choice but to eat the cheapest thing on the menu, which was a build your own Ocean burger.
We had meat and a bun, tomatoes were extra, as was onions, cheese, lettuce (not kidding), but the sauces were free, we could chose any sauce we wanted, so, I ordered all of them for volume.
Its 4:57 and we have to make a choice, we either sit here looking at (wow, a really large man just eclipsed my ocean view carrying the cutest little dog, I'm not sure which I'm more impressed with), sorry for the sudden side track, let's see, choices yada yada... the views, drinking coffee, listening to the really cool music, watching my bride read, or head back up to the base for free dinner and worship.

Time passes fast when you write.
I want to stay, I'm in my writing about nothing rhythm, and the tranquility is stronger than my coffee.

Buck wants to go back to the base for free dinner and worship.
Long two and half hour pause..................................................................................................................
Worship tonight was awesome.

1 comment:

  1. A Samoan tatoo??? Is that a variety of muffin or did you really get a tat? Cuz if you did I am too.....Robert

    ReplyDelete