Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rage and Wonder, All Over Coffee and a Divine Appointment.

It's 5:27 A.M., and I’ve eaten, showered, dressed and taken all the meds necessary to make it through another day of work. We love our team of Mission Builders, and we love everyone we’ve met at the base.
It is brutally faced paced life being a Mission Builder.
The every morning team devotions don’t make up for the loss of our personal ones.
Had a divine appointment after work yesterday, Buckwheat and I were too tired to go home and come back in an hour and a half for dinner, so we stayed at the Banyan Cafe and talked, but as I passed this one lady she was very excited to see me outside the confines of the kitchen and started talking to me, Buckwheat had already found our place on the only sofa in YWAM.
She was very excited to see me, I’ve developed a reputation as a server. The Happy man, I hope.
I asked her about her life. She’s in her 60s and she’s been divorced for 5 months, her husband of 37 years decided to leave, he left behind his five children, seventeen grandchildren, and left her with no means to keep their beautiful home going. She needed help and has been in counseling for the whole time, she came to do her counseling DTS here, she asked me about Salem YWAM, if I’d recommend it to be a little slower and not so demanding of pace. I said I did.
She had the most joyful, sad, spirit.
I walked away inflated and deflated.
I’ve been counting my blessings.
I’m burdened with her plight.
I want to help.

I'm mad that I can't help, but then again, knowing the Lord, maybe the little bit of talk did, it did for me. God was preaching, I listened.
This is one of the most tragic sins I know, when a man leaves a family.
Buckwheat and I’ve prayed and talked for a long time that we want to end well, this man did not. What a tragic loss, and for what?
Buckwheat put her head in my chest as I was telling of my encounter, and said with a soft, said, pleading tone “Please don’t ever do that to us.”
His sin went further around the world than he could imagine.
Yesterday I was filled with rage, and wonderment. This beautiful creature was full of laughter and joy as I watched her interact with all her new friends and classmates.
What kind of animal could do this?
Satan!

No comments:

Post a Comment