Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tough Monday

Where do I start if I want to lodge a complaint, who will I go to, yes, yes, I know, the Lord, but I mean to someone with skin on?  Monday was a tough day because it was…Monday, another start of a very tough work week for all concerned. A little bit of sunshine for me in the kitchen is that I am the only one who doesn’t need to wear a hair net.
The complaints:
1.       Carol has to stand all day, the stool is useless, she lifts her arms above her ahead, all day, no break, arms hurt, back hurts, feet hurt, who will hear her?
2.       I had to clean 65 dining tables by myself after the breakfast locusts came through.
3.       I had to clean 65 dining tables by myself after the lunch locusts came through.
4.       I had to wash the silver wear after breakfast, that’s 1100 people with three utensils each, that’s over three thousand of them, standing in one place, dig, diving, finding a fork, clean the fork, look at the fork, put the fork in the other tub of water, then later, dig, dive, pick up the same fork and put it in a rack. Fork this.
5.       Then peel onions, the whole thing is starting to make me cry.
6.       Then slice carrots.
7.       Then clean a sea of potatoes, a never ending sea of potatoes, with a silver scrub kabob, the potatoes and I aren’t seeing eye to eye. I envy. I envy the potato slicers, they do not want to trade places with me, they are not good Christians, they are foreigners to me.
8.       I have to hurry up to the storage house to unload pallets of supplies, a lot of supplies, why don’t people live with less?
9.       It’s clean up time, we have to mop the whole place, the outside preparation area is what I help with, me,  a hard working young German who bosses me around, a young Korean who is nicer and respects his elders works along side of me. They both work maddening hard, I of course have to keep up, I hate their work ethic.
10.   Day is done, yikes, I can see tomorrow.  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the "Monday Sucks" club. Work: blessing or curse? Hard to tell sometimes. Hope you guys feel better - you are doing very important work. One word: STRETCH!

    ReplyDelete